What were the radio stations of your youth that helped you on your music/audio journey?

I am older so my radio stations of influence were in their prime during the British invasion and many, many American singers and groups.  
The stations I listen to the most were WLS out of Chicago, KIOA out of Des Moines, KAAY out of Little Rock, Arkansas and KOMA  out of Oklahama.  When I was in the Air Froce I had a few stations near the main base I was stationed at outside of Rapid City, S.D.  
Of course systems and better and better systems and FM became the dominate source for broadcast/online music.  I did learn much of what I liked and eventually purchased through early radio listening.
I still listen to radio mainly for Jazz stations and NPR news. 

jusam
Beaker Street with Clyde Clifford.

Was born and raised in Iowa. HUGE plastic AM radio with the big carbon battery.

From the wiki:

T
he first underground music program broadcast regularly on a commercial AM radio station in the central US. The station’s signal carried far and wide. In early 1967 Beaker Street was a staple for adherents to the burgeoning underground communities in the upper Mid-West especially in Des Moines, Iowa, where it was the only access to Dr. Demento and Firesign Theatre.

Lasted until 1972. I was 10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaker_Street
Radio Luxembourg, although it faded all the time.

Radio Caroline, the pirate broadcaster from a ship.  Took over from Luxembourg because it did not fade.

When the UK government closed the pirates down, the BBC had to hire all their DJs because the public only wanted to listen to them.
Chicago in the70’s was awesome (and the 90’s)

WXRT still a good station have listened since their beginning 
TRIAD RADIO part time at night. Huge influence on my taste
THE FOX WJKL ELGIN. great station very low power signal. In the 90’S THE BEAR. Did not lsat long but a great station nonetheless 

All these stations were ahead of their time and had an tremendous influence on my musical tastes