What was your latest LP find??

Women and shoes...men and vinyl. Ahh, I get it now. I really don't need another copy of my fav' album, but I still have to look.

I really enjoy flipping through the piles of records above and below, and when the blood circulation is cut off and I can't feel my legs, then it's time to move to the next tier or tandem.

My latest find was a SEALED MFSL-Japanese super vinyl pressing of David Bowie - The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust & Spiders from Mars. Sticker price read $15.00 I have 2 copies already, a vinyl copy and a cd copy. Well..."I've got to have it, it's cheap!"

So the next time the little lady wants to buy shoes, make certain there's a record shop close by.
dogpile
David99 The seller should refund you your money because this is clearly a very poor copy.
From your statements he appears to be a good seller, so you should not have any trouble.
I to learned the hard way. What in the world were you doing bidding on a VG++ anything.

The ratings for lp's are vague so if you have any doubt, you must first ask the seller for details about any and all defects. Otherwise you will leave yourself open to this kind of disappointment.
Good Luck
Cheers
Ron
Ron-This is an LP I only "kind of wanted".
A mint minus copy of this title usually fetches more than I am/was willing to spend.
In my opinion, VG++ should at least offer a mostly quiet surface with a decent looking cover(and lower cost)
No biggie.Its eBay,ya never know what to expect.
I went to a record show in Pittsburgh and I won the $100 shopping spree door prize and I came away with the Eagles "Hotel California" MFSL and 180 gram pressings of "Who's Next" and Zeppelin "II". I was also able to get two albums from my all time favorite band (not too popular here in the US though so I was shocked to find mint conditions of their vinyl music) the Pogues, I got "Red Roses for Me" and "If I Should Fall From Grace With God"
1. Three sealed copies (found a dozen @ the thrift) of "Rebuild Thy House" featuring the singing of Shlomo Carlebach & Sholom Katz on Elana Records. My wife once mentioned Shlomo being an old friend/neighbor (not certain if this was in NYC or LA) which is what made me take notice of the LP's. I like side two, featuring Shlomo, a lot.

2. "The Ten Graces Played on the Vina, music of South India", Nonesuch's Explorer Series. Killer.

3. "Pete Seeger on Campus", Verve Folkways. Great performances.

4. "A Different Kind of Blues", (an album of Jazz composed by Andre Previn featuring Itzhak Perlman, Shelly Manne, Jim Hal & Red Mitchell), Angel Digital Records. Good/unusual.

5. "The London Muddy Waters Sessions", MCA/Chess Records. Wore out a few copies of this when I was a senior in High School and it's nice to listen to it again.

6. "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", original soundtrack on United Artist/Transamerica Records. A guy @ the thrift told me that Ennio Morricone is still working (did a nice music score a few years ago). I do not keep up on movies anymore.

7. "Living Chicago Blues", Alligator Records. It features three sessions by Detroit Junior, Luther Johnson & Queen Silvia Embry. Very cool from 1980.

8. "Lost in the Stars", A&M Records. The songs of Kurt Weill performed by Tom Waits, Marianne Faithfull, Lou Reed (just to name a few of the artists on the LP). Sting & Dominic Muldowney do the honors on "The Ballad of Mac the Knife" from The Threepenny Opera. Very cool LP from 1985.

9. "Birds of Fire", Mahavishnu Orchestra on Columbia Records. Only listen to it when my wife is out.

10. "Mambo at the Waldorf", Xavier Cugat on Columbia. I'm a big fan of Xavier's music, cartoons and art. Still own a few original and signed serigraph pieces, but sold most of my originals due to financial reasons (on the bright side they went to nice collectors instead of dealers).
David,

I also purchased a $350 worth of Lps from Audiogon, the seller has good feedbacks, but I rceive a bunch of deepppp scratches lp. Through the e mail, the seller only want to refund $100 for it?? i really wonder how he got these feedbacks? Ever since, i dare not buy any lps from audiogon. I have not posted a bad feedbacks yet, i am still waiting for his answer.