What to do with pre-owned vinyl?

Background: From ~1978 to 1991 I collected  many100s of vinyl records. At least 50% were classical; the rest jazz, R&B, World music, reggae, gospel--maybe 1200 records total. A few of the classical LPs are likely collectable/valuable, but most fall below that threshold. I’ve had these LPs stored in boxes since 1991. It’s becoming obvious I'll never again have a TT set up to hear these records. BTW, I live in Goshen, NY.

Can anyone suggest a way for me to responsibly dispose of these LPs?

FYI, I’d be happy to give to a store or reseller for estimated value, or donate them for a charity write-off. Money isn't my biggest concern & I have no appetite for trying to sell them on my own.

I also have a ton of old/good audio gear in the same problematic state (stored by never to be used again)...but that’s another story for another day.

Thanks in advance for any useful advice...
desktopguy
At most, possibly split them into genre groups. Example: I buy Jazz & Classical. I'd pay X-amount. If I had to take all , I'd figure in 0-amount extra for the rest. 
Most ethical sellers will give you half of the resale value but will be very discriminating about what they take. Call a local record shop and have them come by, state they will have to take the good with the bad. Best wishes!