What to do with broken McIntosh Pre-Amp

I inherited Klipsch Cornerhorns, a McIntosh MC2125 Amp, and a broken McIntosh MX 114 Pre-Amp.  Please forgive me for saying this, but I don't want to spend $800 or so for a pre-amp.  Is there a reasonably priced alternative out there?  
hoopie
Well, it is an older model not actually known for being that great.  Get a repair estimate and then make a decision would be my advice.  You might be able to purchase a new item that is much improved for close to the price of repair.  You may also wish to use a different brand, but that is up to your personal room and ears.

Cheers!
Everyone knows "someone special" to fix your McIntosh MX 114. So? I do, too. He has a video series which runs to the hundreds of videos... and can fix ANYTHING. His name is Paul Carlson, of Mr. Carlson's Lab on YouTube. He will do WHATEVER needs to be done and owns more test equipment than some laboratories, much of which he has buffed. Listen to him, he knows all, but his usual money stream is fixing switching mode power supplies for CNC machines. His contact info is on his site. From the US (as he is in British Columbia), call 206 259-9312 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm AT HIS LOCATION in Canada. 
Thank you all for your recommendations.  I’m going to try that $50.00 Chase controller for now and send out the pre-amp for repair later.