What system components would you buy if...........

This should make for a good thread, I think. The question is if you had to start all over again with every part of the system, AND you couldn't buy anything that is now part of your system, what would you buy?

I pose this question, because alot of the threads consist of posts from members promoting their own system's components, which is natural.

The twist here is to put together your choices that you don't own. Maybe a package that is not necessarily your "dream" system, but a similarly priced alternative that might suit your needs as well as your current one.

All comments and descriptions as to what and why, may be included too.

Have a little fun!
twl
I have been a tube snob so long that i surprise myself. I think I would go with an all Spectral system. Not sure of what speaker. A good friend of mine just bought a pair of Joseph 33 speakers. I was amazed at the sound he got out of these small speakers. Using a Pass 350 or something along that line. I hated that amp. He offered it to me for a couple of weeks. I listened to it for a few days. Couldn't take any more. What a dramatic difference this combo made. I would still opt for Spectral amps, pre, and CDP. As impressed as i was with the 33, maybe I would go with Josephs pearls or an ELS that had dynamics I could live with. What a great thread. I get to go day dreaming once again. Looks like i need that help from from Detlof. Looks like I need it bad.

Hmmmm...interesting proposition, as I have just completely overhauled my system over the past year or so. So, this is more of a what if game for me. What if I'd gone for the Audio Aero Capitole Mk 2 instead of the EMC-1? A Teres turntable instead of a Nottingham spacedeck? A Shelter instead of a Dynavecter cartridge? A Pass X-350 or Gamut D200 instead of a Plinius Sa-102? Kharma speakers rather than Piega? HMS rather than Jena Labs cables?

One cop-out--in its price range, I can't imagine what I would get instead of my beloved Supratek Syrah preamp. Anything I might consider would cost three times as much.

I know I must be fooling myself, but I believe I am set for a good while. The system is sounding nice. It is fun to look back and wonder what if, though. Nice thread.

Here is my list using the same approach that I did when putting my current system together, simple, musical, and non-fatiguing(current equipment).
Plinius 8200 mkII integrated (Redgum RGi120s)
Rega Jupiter 2000(Arcam cd92)
Soliloquy 6.5 ***I cheated here a little***(Soliloquy 6.3)
Zu Cable Wax (Acoustic Zen Satori)
Kimber Select 1011 (Acoustic Zen Matrix Reference)
Getting too many components in my system like preamp to amp, cd transport to dac, turntable, tuner, and tape player in addition to extra preamp as a backup, I wish to have a very simple system. The system I have in mind would be:
Pathos Twin Integrated
Audio Note Integrated CD Player maybe 3.1X
Opera SP3 Speakers
Kimber Cables-Interconnect & Speaker Cables
The total costs is going to be much lesser than what I have now.
I'm with Ohlala. I'd love to try a lower powered triode with a high efficiency horn speaker.

Living in Nashville, I appreciate Davehrab's wife's comment. :o)

The grass is always greener...