What speakers would be best for Krell KAV2250 w/28

All Audio SMEs,
I have a set of Krell KAV 2250 and 280P pre_Amp. I am wondering what speakers brand (about $2500) would be suitable (good match) for the set? B&W ???

Thanks
bsquangusa
After auditioning pretty much the whole showroom at Sound by Singer in NYC, I settled on Krell amplification with Focal speakers.

It seems to me that the low end grunt of a Krell amp mates well with the top end of Focal speakers.

I've never heard Krell on B&W, but I have heard B&W with other amplification and those speakers sound great as well.

It would be in your best interest to find a dealer where you can demo them.
Gherrera1,

Thanks for the advise. I will experience the system with the Focal speakers.

BQ
I have sold many many Krell amp & B&W speaker combinations when I was an audio salesman. B&Ws sound great with B&Ws. If you could get a pair of 803 Nautilus used here on audiogon for $2500.00. That would be a very good combo and would have a good synergy. I sold many B&W 803Ns with KAV 400XI or KAV 300IL. So the pre-amp and power amp would for surely work even better. Be sure to get good cabling. I would look at Cardas, Audience AU24 or AU24E, Silkworms, Purist Audio. The cables on Krells with B&Ws can change your systems tonal balance, soundstage. Try many cables to fine tune your system.
TheSoundhouse,

Thanks for advice. You sound like Thesoundhouse to me. I tried the set with the B&W703 with MIT cables, and Sony E777EX (old CD player) and it sounds very good. I like the CD player by Sony. I ordered the SOny XA5400ES CD player and will try to hook them up with the Focal speakers this weekend and i will let everyone know if there is any sound improvement.

BQ