What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
Retired due to a muscle disease,cmt,worked as long as i could,and just couldnt do it anymore,always having to lean against things to keep my balance,lots of fatigue.worked with developmentally delayed adults for like 20 years,some factory work when younger,some college.4 or 5 k in system.Roast coffee on the side for a little extra cash.
I am an eye surgeon,aged 47 and my current system is about 15K but unfortunately I was hit by severe 'tube rolling fever bug 'more than a year ago.I has since collected more than 15k worth of NOS and used vintage tubes that can last the rest of my life but the fever is still not subsiding yet!!!!!!!!
I posted in here some ware a few yrs back- but now I am 49 and still an owner of a commerical roofing company. EQ is still McIntosh- tons of it and still love it!
I'm 45 and a writer of literary fiction and poetry. I love making sound, so this hobby makes sense. My wife says the system is worth about 10K--writers can't add--all of it bought used.