What's my next evolution in the analog venture?

What does $1000-1500 gain me? Are new TT's in that price range going to significantly (subjective I know) step over my Technics? I have approx. 300 records and adding quite frequently to that. I listen to everything from Miles, Norah, George Strait, Phil Collins and anything classic rock (Journey, Triumph, Boston, Etc.)

My current setup consists of:

Technics SL 1700 (original) w/Ortofon om40 cart
MF V-LPS phono
Rotel integrated and cd player
B&W 685's
AntiCable and Signal Cable speaker wire and interconnects
dan711
I recently switched out turntables from a KAB modded Technics 1200 mk2 to a new VPI Traveler with Ortofon 2m Blk. The difference is not subtle and I now find myself playing more records than ever. It is more revealing but it's the music that is being revealed, the snap crakle and pop seems to be on a different plane and not as noticable. Records that I am familiar with are more lively with better bass control and vocals are more fluid and realistic. Much as I love my KAB 1200 the Traveler is a clear improvement and worth the extra $. Traveler was $1300 and 2m Black brought it to $2000, I am selling the Technics for $650 so net difference is $1350 and I feel it is worth it.
Post removed 
I may just hold off for a while. A new TT is one thing. Then I will want to purchase a new cart and then a new phono stage and then the next thing I know.....I've spent double my budget. I've been there done that in the home theater realm.