What's about EDGE Audio ?

Hi everyone,
i want to buy an Edge amplifier. Do you know if the Factory is on the business, or
is it failed in 2011 and closed ?
Thanks.

MMB.
mmb
I believe the I3 was a foray into lower cost, Chinese made products. Quite different from their high end products.
I had to replace the batteries in my Edge Sig 1.1 SE preamp last summer and their new location is outside Detroit I believe. The original founders have sold but they are very much in business and can service all Edge equipment. They were extremely helpful when I spoke to them. I also have an NL 12.1 amp and its an excellent sounding hi power amp. Also owned a G2 preamp and G8 power and was very happy with the sound quality. The store where I purchased the Edge was a new outfit at the time and they were trying out a lot of very nice expensive gear we often only get to read about. The Edge amp was one of the favorites and one they decided to keep as a line.
Do you know something about the Edge's laser bias output stage, incorporating a 630 nm laser operating directly on the silicon substrate of the bias transistor?

How many years can works the laser?

Do you think there will be any reliabilities issues about
that original circuitry ?
I have had no reliability issues with my 12.1 and its my understanding from Edge that they have never had to replace one to date. The new company has gone to a different type of circut but is able to service any Edge product if required. I spoke them to find out details to replace the batteries in my Sig 1.1 SE preamp.
Hi Fossda,
thanks for your answer.
I want to buy an EDGE NL 12 .
Some questions:
1) Do you know if are there any differences in technology
AND
in the sound reproduction between the NL 12 and the NL 12.1
or Nl 12.2 ?

2) Do you know the year of production of all those NL models?

3) Do you think is it a good idea to match the NL 12 with a tube preamplifier? ( i.e. Jadis, ASL Flora EX , CAT )

MMB.