what phono amp for a VPI scout with Lyra Dorian

My system consists of a VPI scout with a Lyra Dorian. The integrated amplifier I use is a Symponic Line La Musica. The amp has a build in phono stage.

Now I was wondering if I were to spend say $1500 on a used or new phono stage would I get a performance upgrade.

I am a bit hesitant to buy a phono separate stage, not only does the phono stage cost money I also will need to buy more (and expensive) interlinks.

Tube phono stages are a no go for me.
mordante
I really loved the Vaccumstate JLTI with my Lyra Argo - fast, detailed with excellent resolution. The JLTI particularly excels in terms of imaging; even much more expensive phonostages do not go as far into the corners as this one; excellent separation between instruments as well. It may be lacking the utmost tonal contrasts a good tube stage can provide, but then all the tube phonos in that price range do not come close to the resolution of the JLTI.
I have a different turntable and cartridge but I agree with Restock regarding the JLTI. I've had mine for about 3 months and can atttest to Restock's description of it. It has a long breakin period but I highly recommend it. See December Stereophile for review.
I am a VPI dealer and was faced with the problem of deciding which phono stages to carry , after agonizing a long time I decided on the Dynavector 75 ($750) and the Blue Circle 709 ($1295). Not trying to sell you either, just two I thought looked good.
I used a Dynavector P75 for a couple of years and loved it. But I used it with a Dynavector 20 XL cart, and believe that the combination of both resulted in the great performance. I have heard from many that they did not get the same satisfaction when using the pre with non Dyna carts.

I am now using an ASR Mini Basis Exclusive that I just picked up used here for less than half what the cost retail. It is really a huge upgrade for me. Not only does it sound amazing, but it offers tons of flexibility for loading and gain, which means I'll be able to use it with any cartridge I have in the future. I would say if you can find one used you should definitely consider it.

Good luck.