What is your OTHER passion?

Now we are all passionate about quality audio, right? But next to audio, what interests us? (No sexual exploits, please, I'm getting old).
Mine is motorsports...especially CART, F1, and just about anything with a motor that hums! Rebuilding a 2-stroke is a joy that I crave. Used to race karts...thereby comes my moniker. Favourite drivers: Paul Tracy, Scott Pruett, Mario, Montoya, and the oldies such as Malcolm Cambell, Rudy Carraciola (German), and many others who lived such romantic racing lives. My one desire is to go to Indy...got to wait for the boy to gain a few years.
stereokarter
Reading, Golf and hockey. Golf as a participant, hockey as a spectator, reading as both. Cup time now, best time of year for us puck-heads. Slawney, your post makes me wonder what Rilke would have done in the era of audiophilia-gone for a walk after supper, and kept walking....to CES instead of Paris? No letters?
Golf and Auto Racing, CART in particular. I've been to "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" numerous times. Stereokarter, your son is not too young, my father took me to Indy when I was two years old. Doug
Hockey, hang gliding and writing. The first is the ultimate sporting combination of speed, power and grace. The second provides challenges, experiences and a sense of, well, being alive that nothing else in my experience approaches. The third because I'm a story teller at heart.
It's interesting that most of these hobbies involve speed. Mine too. Sports cars, bicycling (road racing), and snow skiing. Wonder why that correlation exists with audiophiles.