What is the best redbook CD player for 6K to 8K?

I am looking for the best redbook CD player for 6K to 8K that will project a 3 dimensional hologram-like sound image. I am considering the Mark Levinson 390S CD player. I am open for suggestions concerning comparisons between this and other CD players of equal or better sound quality. Universal players are out of the running since I own only redbook CDs. The fickle finger of fate has not made up it's mind about the next generation of media technology. So until then I will be patient and enjoy what I have.
redwoodgarden
Post removed 
I wish the modders would give their iterations designations. Without that, it makes comparisons very difficult. Makes it particularly difficult for someone considering a used unit.

I owned an earlier Exemplar and now own the "latest" one (well, it was "latest" as of about 1 1/2 years ago). I found the first one too "analytical" in the treble; but the second one just about right. I have no idea whatsoever what the changes were to the player, however, or whether Tvad and I had similar Exemplar units. Just wanted to add my thoughts.

John Tucker: can you tell us the different versions by date? Or by some other designation?