What is new with the Memory Player?

I have read that this player is the next great source at the online mags. Have others heard this player and is it currently being sold? What are the impressions of those who have heard this machine? Any information would be nice since I have read almost nothing other than what is contained in the magazines. Bob
128x128baranyi
Drubin - I do have a cable builder, but for the mods and product assembly, there is noone capable in this location. I plan to outsource the assembly of my circuit boards soon and transition out of the modding business. This should solve it.

Steve N.
Raquel- Again, the relationship of Mark Porzilli and George Bischoff to both Nova Physics and Scaena Loudspeakers is well known and was specifically mentioned in this thread prior to my post by AudioOracle-hence it did not appear necessary to repeat it. It has been mentioned in almost every show report that has appeared about our shared rooms at CES and NY HE 2007 and contrary to not disclosing a shared heritage - we are proud of it, and attendees at shows are so informed. And no-Scaena Loudspeakers are not conceived, manufactured or assembled in Mark or George's garage, left or right side, or any other garage - unless that garage can accommodate: a million dollar CNC machine the size of a school bus that is used to fabricate the aluminum parts, the truck size water jet used to fabricate the base, or the equipment needed to form and make the ceramic composite parts. And finally, Scaena is a Florida Corporation since 2005 in which two(Mark and George)of the four Scaena shareholders also participate in Nova Physics.
Sceana1: Your first three posts to this thread (on 7/17, 7/18 and 7/24) very much give the impression that the Memory Player is completely unrelated to the Sceana speakers, but you now confirm that they share some of the same principals. If AudioOracle mentioned the relationship earlier in this very, very long thread, I apologize, but I trust you will appreciate that there has been a great deal of shilling in a variety of forms occurring on this site of late, and I again note that your posts very much imply that there is no relationship between the two companies.

In addition, Messrs. Porzilli and Bischoff are simply not household names to audiophiles as you state -- I happen to know of Melos and Pipedreams, but a large portion of the people reading this thread do not.

PS - I would not have suggested that these gentlemens' endeavors are a garage operation if they had actually managed to bring the Memory Player to market as a real product. Only a handful have been made, but the thing has supposedly been in existence for well over a year -- this is very typical of a two-channel garage operation. My comment was unnecessary, but I perceived a failure to disclose an affiliation between related parties deserving of ridicule.
Raquel, I think your points are well taken. Here is how I would comment on the whole garage based thinking.

I would say that that almost all of the smaller companies are one to 10 person operations, and almost all of the larger more established companies are not.

Examples of large companies; CJ, ARC, Krell, Levinsion,etc.

Examples of small compamies: CAT, Resolution Audio, Lamm, etc.

Some of the best sounding gear comes from some of these smaller companies.

I remember many years ago when a dedicated recording engineer hand made out of corrian an ultra high performance two way recording monitor to master his own recordings on.

That man was David Wilson. Fast forward and look at the company now, they are not in a garage now. This is the story with many of the now giants of this and many other operations.

Apple computer was started in a garage.

What matters is your comfort level in the product, technology, and the people behind the product.

Part of the charm is that most of the products we covet are rare hand made devices.