What is new with the Memory Player?

I have read that this player is the next great source at the online mags. Have others heard this player and is it currently being sold? What are the impressions of those who have heard this machine? Any information would be nice since I have read almost nothing other than what is contained in the magazines. Bob
128x128baranyi
Scaena1: Were you intending to mention that Scaena Loudspeakers and Nova Physics, maker of the Memory Player, are basically the same people, i.e., Bishoff and Porzilli? I've read your contributions to this thread several times and for whatever reason, that detail does not come through.

I heard your Memory Player in the Laufer Teknics room at the Stereophile show and the sound was superb. You should really take credit for this first-rate product.
Raquel-Thanks for your kind comments. Mark Porzilli's and George Bischoff's involvement with both the Nova Physics Group and Scaena loudspeakers is well known. However, Scaena and Nova Physics are two completely independent companies with different ownerships. Neither I or Scaena Loudspeakers - the company - have any financial or other interest in Nova Physics and therefore can take no credit for the sound produced by the MP, except, of course, when exhibited with Scaena loudspeakers.
Sceana1: Thank you for the response, but knowing a bit about the hi-fi industry, I'm still betting that the left side of Messrs. Porzilli and Bischoffs' garage is Memory Player and the right side of the garage is Sceana. "Scaena and Nova Physics are two completely independent companies"?? -- I would be very surprised if these two names have even been registered as d/b/a's.

The common involvement of these gentlemen with "Nova Physics" and "Sceana" should always be disclosed where the two products are shown together or are discussed publicly together as you have done here -- the use of one manufacturer's product at a show by another manufacturer, or one manufacturer's discussion of that fact in a public forum such as Audiogon, is a strong endorsement of that product, and any commonality of ownership, management and/or design team in such instances needs to be known by potential buyers.

The above said, I again reiterate that the Memory Player sounded great to me, and someone whose opinion I greatly respect has told me that the Sceana speakers are likewise superb.
Bigamp - If there is a bonfide shootout scheduled at RMAF, I will be there with my gear. I will ask Al Stiefel if we can do a shootout, or if anything is/can be planned.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio