What HT processor HDMI 2.1, and does that matter?

I'm currently using a Marantz AV7702 and when I got a PS5, which I use to stream netflix, amazon, etc., and I'll also get some 4k discs for a select few movies I really love, I had that issue with the video cutting out you may have heard about. I had to use the HDMI cable the PS5 came with, which is HDMI 2.1 certified, and the problem went away, even though neither the Marantz nor my TV has HDMI 2.1 inputs. I've been lusting after an Anthem AVM60 for a while b/c I think that will be better HT sound than the Marantz, but it also doesn't have HDMI 2.1, and neither does the current AVM70 as far as I know. Does this matter? Are there processors out there that sound good that do have HDMI 2.1? Alternatively, I was thinking of getting a TV that does have HDMI 2.1, putting the sources directly into it, and using the ARC (audio return channel) into the HT processor, but I wonder, does that significantly reduce the sound quality? I am skeptical of a TV's ARC in terms of audio but I have no experience with it. Has anyone experimented with setting it up that way and how does it sound? Thanks. 
dbw1
The certifications only say that the cable will support a certain level of data bandwidth.  This generally means that better wire is used or thicker gauge wire in some cases (or better design and better shielding for example).  However, it's a funny thing.  Some of the current Wire World cables (such as Ultraviolet 7) are exactly the same as the old 5-2 cables.  Your other HDMI cable may not be as good.
Also, with high bandwidth 4K, some cables can be picky and not all cables will work.
What HDMI cable would you recommend? Also, to maximize audio and video quality, do you recommend plugging sources into the HT processor and then running another HDMI cable to the tv, or running sources directly into the TV and using the ARC to the HT processor? Thanks again.
ARC is never as good as direct source.  Usually I connect sources directly to the HT Processor.  Then use the HDMI output on the processor to connect to the TV.

The HDMI cable recommendation is based on budget. The older Wire World Starlight 5-2 are a good cable, but they are getting rare and harder to find (probably because I'm always recommending them).  You can find the used on ebay or usaaudiomart sometimes.  I do have a couple of 1M and 2M cables.

If you are willing to get a really expensive cable, the Nordost Heimdall 2 is awsome, but $800 retail. 

Always get 2 meter minimum even if you don't need it.  The 1 meter cables do not perform as well because of digital signal reflections.

For real budget, the cryo-treated Neotech NEHH-4200 from Audio Sensibiliy is typically less than $100 for a 2 meter.
Thank you as always. $100 is about as much as I would want to pay for a cable that is connecting a PS5 or a Fios box to my HT processor. I will be sure to get a 1.5 meter or 2 meter cable instead of a 1 meter. I might try that Neotech cable and just see if it works, but if I did want a cable that was certified HDMI 2.1, do you have any recommendations?