What happened to those dreaded 1099 forms we were going to receive from Paypal?

So, who received a 1099 form from Paypal that everyone was dreading and caused so many to change how they would receive payment? I'm quite curious as I didn't receive one. Didn't know what topic to use so I chose the one with most traffic.

Ag insider logo xs@2xsoundsspectacular

It’s happening no doubt.

Just switch to Fa<~^*ok M>~+^|pl~<e it’s great for now, no problem, of course it’s (generally) in person transaction …but doesn’t always have to be.

Post removed 

@nonoise Happy Valentine's Day old boy. 

Sorry your sad about people having your post deleted. Was BS anyway. 😘

Yes, the IRS delayed the $600 reporting threshold until the 2023 tax year, which means if you sell over $600 this year through ebay, paypal, ect., you will get a 1099-K form to mess with on your taxes.  I had received an email from Ebay that I had sold over $600 and that they needed my full SS#.  But my sales were only $540.  So, I spoke with a person at Ebay and they told me that the IRS considers the shipping charges to be part of my sales total.  Well, I have to purchase the shipping, so I don't actually have that money for more than a day or two.

Most of my casual sales have been of old items I have around the house, like a film camera I bought in 1981 and an AVR I got in 2016.  I don't see why a person who only occasionally engages in such casual sales should have to mess with this on his or her tax return.

Now, I wrote to my  US House member and both of my US senators about this issue.  I suggested that they revisit this and possibly come up with a compromise threshold of $10,000.  Prior to the change, the threshold was $20,000.  I'm hoping they will adjust this threshold with a rider to some legislation they pass this year.

Post removed