What cause tweeters hiss ?

I could hear hiss sound when i place my ears close to both tweeters (ATC SCM 11 speaker) when Denafrips Ares II is connected with interconnect (XLR or RCA) during power on/off/standby. Hiss sound disappear only until power cord is disconnected.

At first I thought it’s amplifier (Accuphase E280), then I bypass Ares II and connecting Sony CD player with RCA out to amplifier, no hiss can be heard from tweeters.

Due to curiosity, i connected my Topping D90 with similar arrangement, I could hear hiss sound until I unplugged power cord.

During the above test, music is stopped, amplifier is turned on but at zero volume. All my music source, DAC, amplifier are from the same power source/circuit with Novaris Power Filter.

Can’t hear the hiss at my usual listening spot though.

What could be the culprit that create this hiss, DAC ? Grounding Issue?

auronthas

Yes, i guessed that English might be your second language, and thanks for the clarification.  Your English is vastly better than my mastery of most languages!

Your situation is a mystery.  Since the volume being down (essentially off) should black any noise coming from the Denefrips, the ONLY answer that makes possible sense is some high frequency interaction. As noted the frequency is totally wrong for grounding, plus, you seem to have it grounded correctly.

I had the same problem it tends to drive u crazy. Whatever outlet your using in the house isolate it from everything else. Then get a copper ground rod and hammer it into the ground just outside the outlet you’ve isolated . And that’s it hiss be gone, good luck 

I had the same problem it tends to drive u crazy. Whatever outlet your using in the house isolate it from everything else. Then get a copper ground rod and hammer it into the ground just outside the outlet you’ve isolated . And that’s it hiss be gone, good luck 

Tahquitz, you are saying that you had a 4,000+ Hz ground loop?

Elaborate please.

Possibly he needs to shield his chassis, but that's very different.