What are best speakers for VTL 125 amps and 90dB ?

Using Vandersteen 2C's for Rock and Jazz primarily. Keep on wrecking the 2C's at high 80's, low 90's dB. Any speaker suggestions?
weshumpston
"If my amp is clipping, wouldn't the solution be a more powerful amp?"

The VTL 125 is rated at 130 watts in tetrode mode. To theoretically gain 6 dB more headroom, you'd need to go up to 780 watts. Your speakers couldn't handle that.

So let's take a look at possibly changing speakers. The Vandersteens are rated at 86 dB. In order to gain 6 dB more headroom, you'd need 92 dB efficient speakers, which are not hard to find. Going in that direction is a much more practical solution, imho.

Duke
I think Khorns are at their their best with smaller scale music like jazz ensembles, guitar performances (say like Neil Young at Massey hall). However, you need a good-sized room for a pair of KHorns and they must sit directly into the room corners, flush and firm against the wall.
I use the Duke by Marten Design from the Heritage line, with VTL Compact 100's. They are two way stand mounted monitors that use ceramic drivers. They been able to handle anything I've thrown at them but I must admit, I don't go much beyond 75-80 DB which is very loud in my setting. 90 db is like standing next to a jack hammer!