What Amplifier would you recommend to power KEF Q350’s?

Hi I’m in the market to upgrade my amp from a Sherwood to something a little more suited to the rest of my setup.

I bought a Cambridge audio CXA60 a while ago, but failed to realize it was certified for 110 volts, so when I plugged it into the 220 volt wall oultlet it completely fried the insides :/

Feel free to suggest any amps that would work nicely with the q350’s. I’m not looking for an overkill 200-watt amp, something that has just enough, but will punch way above it’s weight in terms of sonic clarity

also, would a Marantz HD-Amp 1 have enough current?

price range: $500 - $1500
jpierre
Why in the world would you be willing to spend $1500 to power $550 bookshelves? Your amps should not cost more than your speakers.  

I wouldn’t get better than a Yamaha S501. Even if you’d be upgrading speakers in the future, a $550 integrated is easily suitable for even $2000 speakers.
My roommate uses a yamaha A-S301 with his Q300's and its plenty of power for his setup on his desk. Now that's nearfield but the system plays really loud. I would think the A-S501 would be plenty of juice.

I guess it depends what you're looking for in an amp. Do you have a digital or analog front-end? Do you need digital inputs in an integrated or will you get a separate DAC and a purely analog integrated?

I can think of some reasons for spending more on amplification than your speakers. If your amp is over-capable, it allows for a more seamless upgrade to a better speaker in the future. I suspect the Kef's would benefit from a nice amplifier, my LS50's certainty do.