What Amp with KEF 105.2?

I have a JVC SS amp from the mid to late 80's that kicks out 120W/channel, kinda high end for it's time (a consumer version of JVC's Pro series) A-X900 series. Got it as a package with a pair of KEF 104.2(bi-amp) version.It sounded great in my living room till the internal woofers gave way. Was wandering if it would be a good match with a pair of kef 105.2's. The speakers i currently use with the JVC sounds thin in the bottom end, forcing me to use the loudness button and engage the tone controls which i dont like to do, since i prefer to bypass the tone or leave the treble and bass switch on the 12 O'clock mark. I also listen to my music kinda low (jazz, classical) since i leave in an apartment
hifinut1970
thanks guys, looking forward to giving you guys a feedback. I think i would go for the Anthem 225 int amp
How many times do you have to rotate the woofer, or can you keep on rotating it indefinately. Are they still what aquiring, after all its about 30yrs old. I have a guy offering to sell his for 450.00. He has done some minor modification, but nothing that has changed it to much sonicly.
Do you think i should refoam my 104.2's, instead of buying the 105.2. The 104.2's are a little newer (circa 1989/90) and don't have the woofer sag issues
If I were to buy a pair of Kef 105s, I'd find a pair of the first series. They were far better built, weigh twice as much and got better reviews. The isolastic driver mounts are what specd the series 2s a bit better but at the expense of a large dynamic margin. I bought mine new in 79 and was soon sorry I didn't hunt down the series 1. Incidentally, the Kef/1s are also significantly better than their first generation B&W 801 counterparts.