What about a product can irritate you?

What about a product can irritate you, other than the sound?

I thought of this today while attemting to install a new pair of cables. The cables came out of the package in the shape of a Slinky and no amount of bending them, shaping them, stretching them or otherwise trying to reshape them would do any good... they are permanently shaped like a big telephone cord.

I find cables that aren't installation-friendly to be incredibly irritating.

Do you have a pet peeve?

Dean.
reelsmith
"Once you get the hang of it??" Sounds like something the hang-man says to his next victim.
Having the rack to close to the back-wall, trying to connect any cable back of the equipment.

New $$ cables to connect! Eager to try them. But you can´t reach leaning over, can´t see properly from the side - as you have to many cables all over - your dearest calling that "the dinner is ready" - bad timing, but you re-position yourself, having a hard think; Maybe from this side? Nope, speaker in the way. But perhaps I can sqeeze behind it and reach? Get down on your knees - "dinner is getting cold" you hear from the kitchen - you break a sweat. Can...almost...reach. Sweat in palms gives you bad grip. Them other IC´s in the way to get a proper hold on the rca. The position you´re in gives you a bad pain in the back, but you´re determined. "We are eatiing. Would be nice to see you iiin here". Stupid...cable, you think lovingly. And connector is of a locking type. And not given slack enough to slide over the rca easy. And at the end of your fingertips you just don´t have the power to ram it on there. NOT very co-operative. You hear stirring from the dinner room.
"I´m coming" you say with your... sweetest... possible... tonal voice. You can feel the heat on your forehead. You can almost see were you´re at. Must be done now, or you´ll kill my back. "What´s so important that it can´t wait until after dinner"? More of a statement than that of a question directed to you from the diner. FINALLY you get it on there - quick now, next one - you grab it with stiff movements, lean in. Yes, yes and THERE we go.
You get up, back is soar, you wipe your upper lip. Damn it´s hot in here...

Fire the gear up. Set for ´cd´ and...no sound. What?! You realize in about three secs that you have the IC´s in phono. And not even given time to moan you find your sweetest, most dearingly flower of a woman standing in the doorway. Ready to drag you to the dinner table.

I´m getting a bigger listening room in a month...
Rannagarden, every time I get new cable[s] to try out in my system I always think to myself "2 or 3 minutes". Yeah right! 15 minutes later, raw fingers, sweaty t-shirt and arising with stiff, creaky knees, I'm reminded how much I hate doing this. Changing out a component is often easier!
Post removed