Wharfedale Pacific Evo 10 Opinions

Has anyone heard the Wharfedale Pacific Evolution 10 speakers? I have Wharfedale's Emerald 93s, which I believe was their top-of-the-line bookshelf a few years ago. It has a nice open, detailed sound. I'm wondering how much of a step up the Evos are. I heard that the Pacific PI-10 suffered from weak mids, which made the treble too glaring. Hopefully this problem got corrected in the new line.

My speakers are hooked up to an NAD C370 integrated amp and a Sony C222ES CD/SACD player which I just sent to sacdmods.com.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Tony
socprof
Goinbroke,

Thanks for your input. I've seen two different reviews that mentioned the weak mids of the PI-10. One of the reviews covered the whole PI family and said that ONLY the PI-10 had this problem, so apparently it was a poorly designed cabinet.

As for some people thinking the pod tweeters look funny--I have the Wharfedale Modus Music One-Six with a similar tweeter. My girlfriend and I like to joke that it was designed by the Borg from Star Trek. When I saw them for $190 with shipping on Ubid.com, resistance really was futile. :-)

cheers,
Tony
Really? I've read reviews that say the Pi-10 has outstanding balance for the price. How weak would you say the mids are?
Hi Tony i have just sent my sony C222ES to sacd mods can you tell me how the mods turned out for you? Joseph.c