Well Tempered Amadeus

I am curious if anyone has heard this turntable/arm combo? The reviews I have read are practically over the top with praise using terms such as nearly perfect, can't be beat for the price etc... If anyone has heard it, how might it compare to say the Scoutmaster.

Cheers
zygat
Tom_hankins, did you get to compare the Amadeus with it's own dedicated arm, and then compare it to the Dynavector armed table?
The new cartridge is great, isn't it?
Too bad you couldn't have listened longer, I think the amadeus with its own arm would have won you over, better synergy, plus, it's cheaper, which isn't always a bad thing. The tables are identical in other regards.
Like others, I am very interested to hear Firebaugh’s latest design. From the reports I have read, it sounds like an excellent combination of performance and price. However, one thing about the table concerns me: the manufacturer is Opera-Consonance based in Beijing. So far, my experience with this company has been frustrating since they have ignored repeated inquiries about repairing a Droplet CD player. Since posting here, I have heard similar experiences from others and along with comments raising questions regarding quality control and design. It may be that the Amadeus is immune from these manufacturing and customer service areas of the company. I just wanted to raise this additional factor for your consideration.
Hello Compasmar,

I am a retailer for the new Well Tempered Lab products and thought that I might respond to your concerns about Opera.

Opera is only the contractor who is supplying the parts and labor for the Amadeus turntables. This is Bill Firebaugh's design, and his partner in New Zeland oversees the production of the parts and the finished product, independently of Opera's own quality assurance people.

This product line is completely supported by Well Tempered Lab, not Opera, and is supported in the States by TOFFCO, who is also the Dynavector distributor.

Well Tempered Lab also has a strong working relationship with Dynavector worldwide.

I don't expect there to be any quality or service issues with this product. All of the expendable and wearing parts are easily sourced from many places, and the unique parts are exceedingly long-wearing.

There is already a good inventory of wearing parts laid in with TOFFCO. Belts, for instance, are replaced free of charge for as long as you own the turntable. Just write or call and they are mailed to you.

In summary, no service issues that may occur with the Amadeus or any Well Tempered product will require any type of communication with Opera. All issues will be handled directly by Well Tempered Lab, and in the USA by TOFFCO.

Jim Pendleton
Osage Audio Products, LLC
info@audiointelligent.com
573-696-3551
I heard the Armadeus with its own arm. The Dynavector arm was on the Dynavector table (Dv500) which is made for Dynavector by Well tempered, and designed for the dynavector 507MKII. Both systems were great.