Well recorded records ... what are your picks?

I just finished listening to some records. No surprises, just some usuals. But, I was thinking the whole time about how well some of these records were engineered and recorded. I thought I would write about them and ask for your favorites.

I finished with Thomas Dolby -- Aliens Ate My Buick. It is so well recorded! I am drawn in and must listen to the whole album. I lose myself in this one! Rickie Lee Jones -- Pop Pop. Spin her version of "Up From the Skies" and you will know what I am talking about. Pure recorded bliss. It is magical. I had to listen to the rest of the album and was not disappointed! Dire Straits -- Love Over Gold. Title track -- unbelievable. This album is so well recorded; no wonder I have known more than a few audiophiles who have recommended it. I listened to the whole damned wonderful album! Rickie Lee Jones -- Rickie Lee Jones. How can you miss with this one. If you need to test your set-up, go with this one. It is perfect. Oh, also, I listened to "Sunday in the Park with George" tonight. It is so well recorded with depth and width. I also enjoy the music. I also spun Dire Straits -- Communique. It is not as well recorded as Love Over Gold, but that is only by a "smidgen." It is truly a gem. I love the music, and it is very well recorded.

These are my picks for tonight. More to come, of course. I am wondering what are your favorites and why? This could be a nice exchange of information on well engineered and recorded records for all of us. And, we could all discover albums and their characteristics through each other's information.

Cheers!
bicycle_man
Soundtrack to "where the wild things are" by Karen O and the Kids. Stunning recording, and it's obvious they mastered the vinyl version with great care and precision. Also a "new" record not plagued by bad pressing problems like so many others now a days.

In particular last track on side one: Hideaway. Beautiful song, & just perfect for showing off many vinyl virtues. There's a lot air in between sounds/instruments etc. so a system with very low background noise is a must. and for this, again, I'll state thank god it's pressed so well. My new reference song when swapping/changing components etc as there's just nothing your system can hide behind.
Men at Work: Business as Usual. Nothing fancy, just $6.00 at my local record shop. After that I played James Taylor: Sweet Baby James on Warner Green label. Sounded pretty awesome too.
Thanks All!!!
Old thread, but new entry. I agree with Heart -- Dreamboat Annie. It is one of my 10 desert island albums. Dream of Blue Turtles is also in the 10. Joe Walsh -- The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get is also in the 10. These are for the music and the recording quality; they stand out.  XTC -- Apple Venus vol. 1 is just too expensive. I don't trust the reissue to sound good. My reissue of Nick Drake's first release doesn't sound nearly as good as my copy of its original release. The reissue is on 180g vinyl...A surprise I got was how good the engineering and sound was of an original pressing of the B52's album Wild Planet was. Through a good system I discovered it is really well recorded! It's a fun album, too.
Happy listening!