Wayne's Audio Problems?

I bought a record clamp from Wayne's Audio in April of this year and was initially impressed with the quality but after five months the stainless steel threaded ferrule would no longer release the spindle when the knob was turned. I contacted Wayne and related the defect to him after only a few months of sporadic use especially for something that should last decades and he said it was too late to return it but would sell me a replacement ferrule. I asked him if it would continue to fail requiring repurchase every 6 months or so. He responded with read my return policy. Not exactly the customer service I was expecting and leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Anyone else?
80wahoo
The ferrule is split into 4 sections which used to compress and grip the spindle but now just stays compressed. It saw light use and was only tightened enough to grip. Then it just would no longer release. I unscrewed the top of the clamp and removed the base by sliding it upwards then had to wiggle it back and forth to get it off. My half speed master of Tea For the Tillerman was not improved by this back and forth but it finally came loose enough to get off the spindle.  I lightly pried it open with a small jeweler's flat bladed screwdriver and reassembled and tightened again (off the turntable) and it compressed and stayed that way. Very disappointing seller response-- pay me more $ to replace my defective product. Beware this guy! 
80, There are several things you could do. 1st would be to get a mid weight oil like 5W-30 auto oil and lubricate the ferule with that. If that does not work you can buff the ferule on a polishing wheel with gray compound. A Dremel tool with a felt wheel will do. Then use oil also.
It sounds like Wayne used the wrong angles for this to work right as well as the wrong metal.  Brass or gun metal, which is self lubricating and won't gall would have worked much better.
Thank you for the suggestions I will set about trying them to remedy this defect in materials,  design and/or workmanship, since no satisfaction can be had from the seller. 
No idea what exact metals are used in my Mitchell record clamps.
But I have had one approx 7 years and openly admit to at times being a bit heavy handed when tightening it down.
Never once has it stuck after years of near every day usage.

Sounds like Wayne screwed up in his design tbh.
I just dont understand someone just so blatantly giving a customer, another audiophile, who had sat in his living room and listened to music and equipment together, the finger over such a small thing! I also bought a periphery ring from him as well for about $500 and to hold me up over a defective product for $25 is just flat out uncool and very non-audiophile treatment IMO. Never again.