VSA VR4 SR or JR as a match to my system and room

I want to replace my Totem Forests. I'm using a DK MkII with an FMJ23 CDP. My room tends to be brightish (lots of glass and wood) and is about 19x28x14(vaulted - approx 6000+ sq. ft.). My listening tastes are eclectic with an emphasis in Jazz and Classical, but I also like to blast alittle rock now ant then. Would the VR4 SR or JR be a good match?

Other contenders include Proac R38 (there is a dealer near by) and Merlin, but I'm just at the beginning stages of this illness and am open to other suggestions ($5 to $10K range).

BTW, I have wanted to listen to a pair of VSA VR4 SR or VSA VR4 JR's based on comments on the discussion forums. However, living in the Canadian Rockies does not bode well for having access to dealers. I've now sent two E-mails to VSA to find the nearest dealer (e.g., Seattle??)across the last two weeks but have not heard a peep from them. From what I've read, VSA seems to be a good company to deal with; however, my experience is making me wonder. Any comments regarding VSA customer service?

Thanks

John
johnrob
I have found the Von Schweikert people, specifically Kevin, to be incredibly responsive to all of my requests. They sent me replacement bass modular plugs for my 4-Jrs., new (vastly improved) spikes -- no charge. They've also been good about responding to e-mails and have always answered the phone promptly.
I respectfully disagree with Drseid. I heard both the JRs and SRs in the same dealer in the same room with same gear and cables. The SRs are noticeably better. No offense to the JR owners out there, as I almost bought a pair myself cause they are a very good value player. But after hearing the SRs, and given my large room, I ended up buying the bigger brother. Everything the JR did well, the SR did it better. But I do agree that if going with the SRs, make sure you have good high quality amplification, it might take more power to drive those 2- 8.5 inch bass drivers, vs. driving 2- 7 inch ones on the JR. Also, make sure you have good sounding gear and cables to support it, or else you will hear whatever's in your system chain, cause they are very revealing and transparent. They do show the character of your system, good or bad.

After buying the SRs and living with them over 8 months or so, I haven't looked back. These are amazing speakers and will perform up to the task and then some - if properly setup.

As always try to audition a pair and judge for yourself.

I would also recommend Krell Resolution 1 or 2, very impressive speakers, especially if you can find them used or demo. Or perhaps the Revel Ultima Studios, but they might be a little harder to drive compared to the above speakers.

Good luck.
Wanted to throw my experience in here, FWW (lol, Tvad). I live in Nashville, TN, and emailed VSA asking for a dealer list, as I travel quite a bit and wanted to try to audition the vr4jrs when I was in the same city as a dealer. I got no response. Several days later, I called asking again about dealers, and spoke to someone who took my message, telling me I'd get a call back. I didn't get a call back. I made a second call several days later, this time asking if higherfi's 40 percent off distribution of vsa products was legit. I finally got a call back--but it wasn't from vsa, it was from chris at higher fi (who, btw, has been excellent to work with). Vsa had him return my call. I still don't know where any dealers are. This experience, combined with yet another unreturned phone message I left with vsa regarding amplification have left me with a little trepidation about pulling the trigger with vsa. Its just one persons experience and could very well be totally anomolous, but I thought I should mention....best of luck in your search. Btw, if anyone has the vr4jrs near nashville, I'd love an audition.
Try Brian at Sound and Cinema in Knoxville. Unless something has changed, he is a dealer -- and not too far away.
Thanks so much 9rw. 2.5 hr drive is definitely worth it. I've been having a hard time justifying a purchase of these speakers having not heard them.
-Jonathan