Vivid Audio Giya G1

Greetings!

If I can accept the looks of the Giya speakers, would I have a great candidate for a "last speaker"? I can find a lot of prices which the speakerbrand have gotten, that is cool, not so many "private" Reviews thought, since they seem a bit rare.

What I have head though is that:

1)Ported bass, whats your input? A bunch of people I´ve talked to says that a closed bass-construction have a "correctness" and that a closed have a "bloated" and slow bass.

2)There are rumors that the speaker elements of Giya are very fragile, what are your thoughts on it
Someone told me to knock on the cabinet and try to move it with two fingers to see it fall. I interpreted that this means that the speaker is not stable and hallow inside.

All feedback is appreciated. I am going to listen to this speaker soon.
128x128melchor
Dealer response....so take it with a grain of salt;)

I have both Vivid G3 Giya's and Raidho D1's in our Manhattan showroom. You would be amazed at the clients that come in to hear one of the speakers specifically and listen to both the Vivid's and the Raidho's and end up liking the other one. Both the Vivid and Raidho offerings are world class, but personal preference, once someone hears both of them, side by side, is the final factor. I love both of them. Which ever one is connected and I listen, I say "yes, this is the one", then I connect the other one and I just scratch my head, as I love the sound of that one as well. Both great speakers.
Interesting to see the frequency with which we all seem to compare the Raidho and Vivids -- even if I did start it. As for the YG that I had unceremoniously lumped in with them, it was the new(er), little two-way Carmel. Honestly, never particularly liked the bigger YG's I've heard. Technically fine, but just not all that compelling. (No arguing with taste). All that said, wouldn't trade any of them for my Verity Parsifals. Yea, a true fan-boy. Just thought to disclose where I'm coming from.
thanks for your feedback guys. The speakers are so seldom, I am trying to find someone which actually owns them.

They are certainly unique good or bad, but if the sound is so good that you say then I´ll definitly check them out.

Does anyone here on audiogon own them?