verdict on class D amps?

I saw a thread about seymour ice amps.... anyone have any experience with these compared to conventional amps? I was planning on picking up a used pair of bryston 7st or a single 14 st however for similar money (& power) the new ice 50001 is available. In car audio there it doesn't seem like class D is very good except for sub duty. Is the same true for home stuff? Presently I have a adcom GFA5500 which was going to get thrown on rear surrounds & I was going to use parasound HCA1500 on my speakers untill I can afford something newer/better for my old infinity kappa 8.1 speakers

thanks
128x128viggen900
I had been skeptical of Class D amps based upon various comments but then I listened to a setup consisting of the Kharma Matrix MP 150 amps driving Kharma Ceramique 3.2 speakers with a modded Marantz CDP and CJ Art pre and the setup sounded excellent with female vocals and piano in my very short audition (due to other reasons). Definitely not a technology to write off without auditioning.
The Channel Islands are great amps. I prefer the Hypex UCD class D technology over the B&O ICE class D type. I sold a Karan $6k integrated and went with UCD Class D and thoroughly enjoy it with a tube preamp.
I have X250.5 & replaced with Nuforce Ref9SE V2 , it actually sound better than my Passlab in my system. I took my Nuforce to compare with a big Krell, wow my friends were amazed how good they sound in his system. I am looking for a match tube preamp for my Nuforce, I was told on the phone class D amp are just toys by a local audiophile store after 20mins with him, he told me to come to the store and listen to their reference system. And that is what music sounds like. So i took my Nuforce down to him, we sat down and listen to his system, wow it did sound better than my system. Then another 10mins on class D toys lecture, he finally agree to put on my Nuforce. After 10 mins music on cd, we have 2 hrs of music on his Lp collection. He acually apologize for what a hard he was before , that tell you how good it sound in his system.
I love my Gilmore Raptor class D monoblocks. Coupled with a Supratek Chenin preamp and Infinity RSIIb speakers, they sound as good as anything I have heard.
yeekim I've been using nuforce ref 9 amps for more than three years. I have heard every negative comment in the book in that time about class d amps. Yours and the audio store salesmens finding are what most have heard when a true audition is made with class d amps. For this reason those negative comments have diminished drastically as more audiofiles listen to there favorite music with these fine amplifiers. Clean, detailed, powerful, cool operating, unmasked clear sounding amps most certainly have a place in high end audio. There will always be those who will bash anything different/new unfortunately. From my perspective I'm happy for all audiofiles who are satisfied with there choice of gear. Enjoy your music while you can.