Verastarr SSA64 Any thoughts on this HT Amp

I am in the market for a high end HT amp.I own a Theta Cas3 processor and am presently waiting for my new speaker system by Rick Reimer (Tetons for Mains).I was thinking of doing a theta amp to match up with my Cas3 but the ads for theSSA64 have caught my eye.Any idea's or other suggestions.Thanks Kevin
kman0911
The fan runs constantly on my Cinepro 3K6 SEGOLD. However, it runs almost silently and is barely noticeable.

On the other hand, the fan operation on the Verastarr SSA-64 is a more advanced design as previously described by Mike Powell. We did not notice it on when we were scrutinizing the amp. When it does go on, you will barely notice same.

I should also point out that my 3K6 SEGOLD amp was upgraded by Mike Powell of Verastarr/CineproTheater.

Internally, the upgrade consisted of the amp shutting down on stand by mode (no fan operation), prewire for 220 operation, recalibration, 20 amp operation, silver reference power cord and WBT Topline Signature Binding Posts (12) in gold polish.

With all of the upgrades, the Cinepro 3K6 SEGOLD is not as warm as the Verastarr SSA-64. This does not mean that my Cinepro 3K6 SEGOLD is bright or harsh. Both are great amps but the SSA-64 has a different sonic signature that is most pleasing.
I recently bought one of Verastarr's SSA64 amps from Mike Powell. It's a workhorse! Sounds great, and runs cool. It's flexible enough to be used for a variety of applications.

I use it to drive a set of Legacy Whispers, which just "sing" when really opened up with the SSA64.

Nice piece of engineering!

DM
Hi Cinepro-Are you using the SSA64 for HT or 2 CH.I have been in touch with Mike about ordering this amp.I am waiting for my new speakers to arrive any day(reimer tetons).These speakers like the Whispers,are rated 4 ohms and are very efficent (95db).Are you using a pre/pro?Can you give me some idea's for cabling and front end(cd player).Thanks Kevin
Hi ... I'm using the SSA64 for HT primarily, although I am considering bridging to two massive channels and using it through the Whispers for two channel only. It's pretty versatile, so you have lots of options.
I'm currently using a Denon integrated pre/pro for HT. The CD source I am using is a Theta CDP, with Audioquest cables. They seem to be a decent compromise between cost and performance. I just can't justify spending $1200 for a one meter I/C cable...!

Good luck
DM