Vandersteen 3a sigs- Tube or SS

New Vandersteen 3a sigs. Room is going to be 11x13x8. Thinking either two MC275 mcintosh tube amp, or a mc2102, or a mcintosh MC402SS amp. All three are in the similar price range that are going to be matched up with a Mcintosh C2200 preamp. Listen to all sorts of music all accross teh board. Like to listen at moderate volumes. If it is the 275's, they will be bridged to mono each.

Thanks,

Pete
apriliafalco
Parasound JC-1s. Best Ive heard with 3A sigs yet. Belles, VTL, Ayre, Quicksilver are all very good also IMO. The JC 1s just seem to do everything well IMS.
I'm sort of surprised you are putting such large speakers in such a small room. Mine are in a 14'x28'x8' and it's barely large enough. The problem is the bass: the wavelength are too long for the size of the room when you get down to 35 HZ or so. Digital equalization or a larger room are almost essential.

McCormack amps are excellent. I am using a Llano hybrid , but they're out of business now.

Best of luck.
Channel Islands D200 have replaced my McCormack on my 3 sigs. The McCormack is an excellent choice, but the CI D200's are better IMHO. The main distinction is midrange clarity and low level detail. The McCormack seems to have the deeper soundstage, but the d200's wider. In reality, the sense of deeper soundstaging is because the McCormack's aren't able to bring the low level details forward. The result is also a more relaxed sound for the McCormack, which may be more musical for some people's preference. Pairing it with the somewhat relaxed Vandy's, it's not nearly as detailed or focused as with the D200's.
I loved the McCormack for years and it's like breaking up with a girlfriend you still really like.. till she came along. I'm comparing to a DNA 1 RevA Gold