Vandersteen 2CE Sigs tweeter too high

My Vandersteen 2CE Sigs tweeters are too high when I sit in my listening chair. I want to remove the stands and use spikes directly into the speakers' base. Has anyone done this? What can I expect in sound change?
rosedanny
It IS fun, hence my sometimes ascerbic view. Believe me I mean this with a bit of humor. Hope you have been able to find the sweet spot with your Vandy 2Ces. For me the best sound is with the spikes all but about a quarter inch showing in the stands. I sit from them about 8 feet and have them aimed straight ahead for the best wide soundstaging. My sofa puts the tweeter at just about ear level when I am semi slouched.
Rosedanny,

All I did was point out the correct way to set them up in terms of tilt and height. Unfortunately, there is only one way to achieve proper time alignment. Sorry if that seems "fundamentalist" to you but that's how it is. No one has discussed where to put them in the room- that's a different issue entirely.

I'm not putting a gun to your head and telling you to listen to me...just trying to offer good advice.

By all means, have fun.
Sorry if I came off defensive. You're right--you did just give advice, and it was good advice, too. I looked again at the chart on tilt in the manual and recalculated distance/listening height/tilt. BINGO! I sit pretty far away from my speakers--12 ft--so I had the tilt initally too high, then when I went flat that wasn't right either. It turns out I needed something in the middle (3/4" distance between the top and the bottom of the speaker). Now the details are back, the accuracy is balanced across the frequencies--YAY, here's what I've been looking for! I remember speaking to Richard Vandersteen on the phone once, and he said one rule overrides all the others: if your ears say it sounds right, it's right. The manual also mentions something about not overanalyzing set up (something I'm definately guilty of)--when it's right, you'll know. Anyway, thanks to you all for you help and feedback--and patience--in this somewhat misguided thread. Danny