Vacuum Tube Display Case

I'm new to vacuum tubes and have accumulated a few dozen that are sitting in a cardboard box wrapped in packing material.

I'd rather put them into some sort of display case, maybe like the shallow, foam backed glass cases I have seen to display collectible coins or arrowheads, with labels. Seems like it would make an interesting conversation piece. At least to me, a budding tubophile.

Anyone have any suggestions, including sticking with the cardboard box?
128x128androux
You might do a general search on "shadowbox".These can be purchased at a variety of craft stores and can be found at "Bed,bath and beyond" type stores.They come in a variety of sizes .shapes and depths.They often come with hangers on the back and can be hung on the will like a picture.Also,you might take a look at the artwork of Joseph Cornell who created many amazing pieces using this type of design.It might inspire you to get creative.You know i see these things at the "Goodwill" and "Salvation Army" all the time.Just a few ideas-hope it works out for you.
Here's another thought - a three dimensionsl display. Find some attractive wood block, drill holes the size of the pin array at the bottom of each tube, or the base itself, and arrange the tubes as a three dimensional 'tube sculpture.' I've done it and it looks attractive and is certainly a conversation piece.
Or Jgiacalo, might it work to buy tube sockets and screw those onto niece pieces of wood?
Or Jgiacalo, might it work to buy tube sockets and screw those onto nice pieces of wood?
Sure. Tube sockets screwed into the wood could work nicely. They would actually let you experiment with placement before you attached them to the wood permanently; a big advantage over drilling holes.

Also, check to see if there any local hardwood or woodworking suppliers in your area. You might be able to find some pieces of truly beautiful wood to use as a base at a modest price.