Upgrade old LP12 or buy a new table??

Hello everyone. I have a 20 year old LP12 that I bought when I was in college. My current LP12 consist of Ittok LVII arm, Trampolin base, and Cirkus bearing. It needs work as the motor is out of alignment as well as the usual wear. I'm sure I need a new cartridge as well. My question is should I get this table bought up to current or just buy a new table. I have heard great things about the VPI Super Scout Master Signature. I have been out of analog for a bit but have the desire to spin some LPs again.
bryans
Happy NewYear Audiogon!
I just picked up an ittok lvii on ebay mint,
but the tonearm cable has seen better days,
any pointers on an upgrade is the linn silver the name of
what i should be looking for?
Thanks Skand...Happy New Year to you and yours as well. If you are talking about the Din to RCA cable (goes to phono amp), I think I have read the upgraded cable referred to as the "T" cable. Anyway, a Linn dealer would know (I hope).
Cheers Glenn_garza,
Yeah sorry i mean the Din to RCA cable,i am going to see my linn guy soon,(good service ect,)but he does not stock ANY "spare" LP12 parts.I will ask him about "T" cable.
Does anybody know what the ekos comes with?

Thanks.
If you can find a supplier the Funk Firm Vector Link upgrade package will transform your old Linn. I had the mods (new mat/sub-chassis/top plate/DC motor+triple pulley peripheral belt drive) fitted to my Lingo-ed LP12/Ittok LVIII. The result was a wider, more open soundstage and greatly improved tonal accuracy as a result of which a few previously fairly doubtful LPs have become highly listenable;classical stuff is much much more realistic. UK cost is £1290.00 - making it a bit of a bargain compared with the cost of upgrading to current Linn spec and leaving plenty of cash for a decent cartridge. Was also able to off-set the cost by selling the Lingo on e-bay :)