Uesugi UTY-7 phono stage

Hi, Does anybody have any experience or information about the Uesugi UTY-7. I recently saw one for sale and I'm thinking of getting hold of it as an upgrade to my current phono stage which is by trigon. I'm also using an Uesugi Bros 5L step up trans so thinking it might be a good match.
Tried to search this model on the forums but nothing so far. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks
kohey
kohey
just had a listen to the uesugi at audiounion kichijoji. from what i heard it sounds great. a very pure and uncoloured sound which is what i've been after. they'll part exchange with my trigon too and a couple of other items that i rarely use.so i should be up and running at the end of the week.
the shop assistent also mentioned as did t_bone that this model rarely comes up for sale so the timing was good as i have been unsure of my trigon for a while.
going to celebrate and head off to recofan.
Kohey, many months later how do you like the Uesugi? Anyone else have experience with this?
Hello T-bone,
Thank you for the check in..I haven't been on here for a while and infact was going to do another search for advice.
Anyway, many months on and the Uesugi is absolutely fantastic, jumping straight in all those months ago was a good move. I haven't seen many that come up for sale. I'm sure my system if perhaps better matched will make it even better. I'm sure there are many other great phonos out there.
Since that purchase I have spent most of my money on records and avoided the urge to keep experimenting with costly cables and what not.
However, I have just come across a Rotel Michi RHC10 passive preamp and i am wondering how it will sound matched up with my Rotel RHB-05. Considering that they were designed together I'm thinking that it will be great.
Currently have a passive attenuator by Highphonics HCA-08CB - very small company in japan ex denon guys I think.
Works well but I'm thinking I should really plunge for the RHC10..too good a bargain to pass up. What do you think?
Kohey, Good to hear you like the Uesugi.
I know nothing of the Rotel, or the Highphonics.