Tympani IVa amping

Any advice? I'm quite overwhelmed with info recently but am leaning towards Cary CAD-500's. Any input greatly appreciated.
casimirm
I accept your point on the sub. I could easily do without one, but it is nice. I use a Bag End Infra 18" sub that has specs down to 8 Hz. To tell you the truth, I have it turned down so low that I can't even hear it, but it is a nice fill in at times -- probably an extragant expense for as little as it does. I agree that the Tympanis have a great soundstage. I wish it were deeper and more fleshed out; however, most of all, I hate that 6 foot cymbal and high-hat. That is wholly unrealistic and compared to speakers that can really image, it is a true weakness of this speaker. If you don't have that, then your tympanis are an anomoly. I get my Mye stands soon. Hopefully, that can make a great speaker even better. BTW, if you're using the internal crossover components in the mid-tweet panel, you're really missing out. Cheers
I have the Mye stands which were a huge improvement.

I have also found that not having the speakers tilted back helps with the six foot cymbal issue.
I found the same with forward tilting. I'm getting my Mye stands in about a week. Is forward tilting possible with Mye stands? Thanks.
Mr Mye would know best, but at a glance it looks like at least a tiny bit of forward tilting would be possible.

The feet are adjustable, but I am guessing that weight distribution and whether or not you intend to fill the stands might affect the balance and/or how easily they could tip over.

That is not recommended, as I tipped one over with my desk chair recently which ruptured the tweeter, something I have otherwise never done in nearly 30 years of owning Magneplanars.