Tube Amplifiers?

I am new to tube amps (I've had several tube pre-amps) and was wondering what people's thoughts are on the following: VTL-ST85, VTL TT-25, Anthem AMP 1, Rogue 88 and Quicksilver Minimites. I'd like to keep the cost around $1500
robk
Post removed 
Tubes are not the whole story. I am as guilty of this generalization as anyone here. But, look at Air Tight as an example. They can use KT88 or EL34, depending on which model. Why is it that Jolida, Rogue, CJ, etc. cannot do the things that an Air Tight can? Transformers, circuits, parts(and quality thereof), wiring, etc(all of the stuff we usually talk about with ss products). We tend to focus on tubes because that is the one area of a tube amp we can easily alter. I compare it to gas in a car. We can't switch out the engine, but we can change the fuel.
I have the VTL 225 with the audible illusions M3A pre amp,and Alon 5 speakers,it is wonderful with air,depth,sound stage etc.The VTL is low maintenance and will give you many years of dependable service and is very rugged,not fragilelike some of the higher end stuff...just an opinion.
Trelja, I agree with you on the Rogue tube amps. I have yet to delve into the world of tubes. I have only owned SS amps, the last being Clayton M70 monoblocks.(Bel Canto EVO another)These are very fine amps but I yearn for more. I have upgraded all of my IC's and speaker cable to Homegrown Silver Lace and have really noticed a remarkable difference. BUT, I have not found the right amp with my Martin Logan Requests. I think after owning several SS amps I am ready for a transition. Thinking of auditioning Quicksilver,Mesa Baron and Wolcott's. Any others you might recommend? I have a dealer close buy who has Rogue, Airtight and a few others I can demo.
Post removed