Tube amp for Avalon Eidolon ?

I have no experience with tubes, and want to give them a try on my Avalon Eidolon (not diamonds) speakers (87 dB sensitivity, 4 ohm nominal, 3.6 ohm minimum). I'm using dCS Elgar + Purcel front end and currently not using a pre-amp, cardas neutral reference cables. I listen mostly to jazz, some classical, some rock.

Looking for suggestions on tube amp(s), preferably with balanced inputs, but not mandatory. I'm willing to spend some money, up to say $15k, and will probably try to buy used.

Thoughts and recommendations appreciated. Thanks. John.
johnax
Vtin: I had a Gryphon Anthileon with Eclipses, the match was just fantastic, just as good as my current PASS Xamp.

Fernando
Sorry to go against the whole crowd here, but I have had experience with Avalon spkrs (Ascent, Eclipse, Avatar, Radian and Eidoleon) and tried them with different amps (tubed and SS), In my system, room-setup, music genre, etc... SS was a much more musical satisfying than tubed-based amps.

I will strongly recommend a trial audition at yoru place (1 week).

Fernando

I would consider the Audio Research VTM200 as well. I have this amp with Eclipse and heard it several times with both the Eidolon and Diamonds, it is so close to live music. It has so much power and it moves air like in live concerts. Consider to buy a 240V version and have a dedicated 240V line drawn, even at ARC they think the 240V version sounds better.....
Considering that your musical preference is jazz, some classical and some rock. I believe that the Graaf GM200 (200 watts otl ocl tube amp) this is a very refined italian amp which sounds exquisite with jazz and classical, also pretty nice with rock. I have heard many tube amps ,audio research, bat, vtl, airtight, quad. The Graaf is very musical, quiet, warm sounding. It is worth a listen.
Hi,

I have a similar problem. I have a pair of Nagra VPA (push pull 845 triodes, 50 watt pc) which i love. They play very well with my current Avalon Arcus, but I am upgrading to Eidolon Vision. Does anybody out there know about this combination? The VPA sounds very powerful, but I am concerned that they will not control the big woofer in the Eidolon.

Rest of the system is Wadia/ARC Ref 2; cables are Nordost Valhala and Red Dawn, power conditionner and cables are Shuniyata.

My tastes are accoustical: classical (mostly chamber) and jazz. Some world music.

Thank you for any comments.

Audiodiver