tube amp/flutter in speakers?

i have a nice pair of mono blks that are making my woofers flutter. when i adjust the hum bal it gets stronger or softer depending on which way i turn the adj. my interconnects are good. i am using an old pair of ess monitors with the heil driver. the amps are sansui HF V60. rated at 15wpc i belive?. thanks to all who help.
kona
Ghostrider, don't believe the old wives tale about transformers not passing DC. It's a lie. They will pass DC, just not anywhere near as effectively as they do AC. Sean
>
Sean, was that a KISS concert or AC/DC where you so the flash out of the speaker?
if this helps, i have tried other speakers on the amp and no problem. could the heil driver be the culprit.
I have no idea what it might be. Keep in mind that some speakers are capable of going MUCH lower in frequency response than others are. I have one set of speakers that will throw madly at 5 Hz while others do not flicker in the least. As such, your ESS's with their passive radiator loading may be revealing a problem that the other speakers simply can't reveal. Either way, i would not chance damaging ANY of your equipment without first having them checked out.

Glen, i've seen flame-out's at several different shows. The most significant one that i remember was at one of my buddie's shows. His bass amp ( Gallien Krueger ) started leaking DC and the speakers began smoking and then literally spit out flames. People thought it was like Ace Frehley's old "smoking Les Paul" routine. The reason that i remember this one so vividly though is that they were MY bass cabinets that he ignited !!! Needless to say, he replaced the drivers with brand new ones. I didn't come out of that one too bad, as i ended up with 4 brand new 18" drivers that cost about $180 apiece : ) Sean
>
Kona, I had the exact same sympom from one of my monoblocks.

Turned out it was -partially- blown fuse.
Check you fuses or replace, at least you can eliminate that as a possibility.

KP