Trying to Enter the "HiFi" Bizz

Hi
I would like to know what is the best route to enter the HIFI business. I would like to go into commercial production eventually. I would like to know the best way to gain experience regarding the technical aspects of High-End audio. My aim is to set up a High End manufacturing setup in a country with lower costs of production an overheads like nOrh or Plinius.
I have made a couple of High-End speakers myself and am aware of the markup (profit margins) that exist.
I would be grateful to any and every suggestion made
subdoofus
There are many successful speaker companies that use off the shelf parts. It's not necessarily the parts, but how you combine them. And let's not forget the art of crossover design.
This guy could get it right, and start the next Merlin. Cut him some slack.
You guys have forgotten the most succesful of all times, Dr. Bose...

Make up a theory, back it up with the most clever marketing and you'll be RICH!!!
We were told the same thing as ultra said...you can't do it etc. After investing roughly 1.5 millon bucks on cnc controlled diamond saws and polishers.....we are the only company (that i know of) who makes "real" granite speakers, and guess what we make money at it.....we use off the shelf components (like almost all companies), but designed our own cross overs and boxes(if you want to call them that since they are 3/4" solid granite). We have no desire to try to put any other company out of business, as we plan to remain small. The big companies have "BIG" overhead in advertising lot's of employee's etc. We have almost no overhead, so we don't need to sell a billion sets to break even..... I have learned one thing in my ten years in this biz....if someone says it can't be done, it's usually your best seller...If you want to do it, go for it. if you don't do it you'll never know what might have been.

Craig D
I think ZSquared hit it on the head - a PILE OF FRIGGIN MONEY is what you need first. After that, don't be a fool, and you'll do fine. :- )

Oh, you ought to have a product that hits at least a niche, and has technical competence.

Anyone who has a pile of money, and is thinking about starting from a position of no experience, contact me privately.

There's not much more to it.
Great thread, lots of good advice, basically the same as being successful in any other start up business: work hard, deliver a good product, work hard, keep your promises, work hard, be lucky, work hard! Oh did I mention hard work? Can you tell I'm self employed?