Triangle Antal ESW speakers experience please

I recently listened to the ESW through MacIntosh amp/cdp, the sound is just so fantastic that I nearly spent the money.
However, I also listened to a pair of B&W 802D and heard very similar performance.
The question I have is this, Is what I heard a MacIntosh sound or that the ESW is that good to offer the kind of performance at a lot less money.

I suspect here that the answer really lies in my own ears and not many can offer any insight, but if you can, I would appreciate it.

My real question is whether an Antal ESW would be a good match for a Prima Luna Prologue one amp and Rega Apollo CDP? Currently, this is hooked up to a Monitor Audio RS6 and I am not too happy with the midrange of the RS6 being too bright and too forward.

Of course, it is impossible to have an audition with the exact components you have, so it is pretty much a judgment call with the performance through MacIntosh.

Can anybody offer any insight?

Thanks
philipt95148
Arthur/Rush, Great to "meet" you guys, especially since you both have RS6 and Antal experience.

Arthur, thanks for confirming my thoughts on the MC sound, and the match between Triangle and Mc. It was a dealer in SoCal, actually an ex-dealer who came out of retirement to start another dealership because he missed it. So he only carried limited range of Triangle/Dali and McIntosh.

So you are currently running RS6 through Mc gears, right?
Then do you hear the Mcintosh sound?
For me, the RS6 play classical music very well, pianos notes are clear, violins reach their high notes, orchestral pieces have very good soundstage and depth but jazz is just hard to enjoy. Jazz pieces tend to be too seperates and strangely, bass tends to fade to the background? For example, in Kind of Blues, the bass player seems to stay well back and not really playing, just feathering the strings to almost non-existent.

I am just scratching my head to figure out why. True that I have not treated my room with any kind of bass traps etc and that the room is very lively and bright. So for the moment, I am not buying any more speakers until I get the room fixed.

Rush, please do get your buddy to chime in. Did you say he just sold the RS6, I'd be interested to know why or what is about the sound that he did not like or simply just to upgrade. Did he sell the RS6 to buy the Antal?

Did you run your system through the RS6? If so, anything to share?

Cheers
Actually, Arthur is my buddy that I was hoping would chime in. We have not heard the RS6s through my system or the Antals driven by his system. Hopefully he will respond again to help you with the comparison.

I would suggest treating the room immediately. I think that it helps greatly. I have corner bass traps, just dense fiberglass panels (rockwool). They work great. I would also at least treat the first reflection points with sound damping materials. If your room is bright I would put a rug in and some furniture or something to damp the reverberation in the room. Happy listening!
R