Tri-amping Qs:

I'm anticipating buying a pair of Emerald Physics EP-2.3s. I would ultimately like to tri-amp them. I'm thinking of starting with a single 100wpc amp, then adding a second amp for bi-amping, and finally a third for tri-amping. The speakers are 97dB efficiency. My average listening levels are 75-80dB and peaks are rarely over 105dB. A 100wpc amp will provide 20dBw of power. With the 97dB efficiency, max volume would be 117dB. My questions:
Is my math correct?
Will this give me enough headroom?
Will I have to use 3 identical amplifiers?
Or can I reduce the wattage of the mids and highs, say 60wpc for the mids and 30wpc for the highs?

My head says no.
Thanks GP
gary7m
You’re welcome, Gary. Glad I was helpful.

Upon re-reading my previous post, to be precise I should make a slight tweak as follows (the words shown in caps have been added):

From: "At various points in the room, if the two speakers are reproducing identical signals and again putting aside the effects of room reflections, the addition of a second speaker will cause SPL to increase by amounts ranging from minus infinity (i.e., no sound) to 6 db, depending on whether the phase relation of the two outputs at a particular vantage point causes them to sum constructively, destructively, or somewhere in between.

To: "At various points in the room, if the two speakers are reproducing identical signals and again putting aside the effects of room reflections, the addition of a second speaker will cause SPL to increase by amounts ranging from minus infinity (i.e., no sound AT SOME FREQUENCIES) to 6 db AT SOME FREQUENCIES, depending on whether the phase relation of the two outputs at a particular vantage point causes them to sum constructively, destructively, or somewhere in between.

Regards,
-- Al
iPhone-based dB meter, A-weighted 

Being A-weighted would cause a discrepancy, C-weight should be used. On my iPhone I use the SLA Lite app, I have a calibrated mic but I haven’t compared the two to see how off the iPhone is.