Tough Choice: Proac D25 or Dynaudio Special 25

guys, need some help on these two choices.

I'm putting a 2nd system in my den which is about 15 x 13 x 8.5 feet. Acoustics in this room is pretty well balanced.

The prices of above speakers are identical. The Dynas might cost a bit more because of the stands, but minimal.

I'm just having a hard time deciding between the two because i cannot audition either one. Either have to be special ordered.

Anyhow, my amps range from Bryston 3bsst, to Mccormack DNa 125s to the Cayin A50t tube amp.

I dont play much classical music. Mostly jazz, pop music at times, light classics, vocals, etc.

Thank you in advance for inputs.
128x128mid40sguy
I can't really add much more to the comparison I wrote a while back. Here is the link:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1130287258&openmine&zzDodgealum&4&5#Dodgealum

I would just reiterate, for your size room I fear the bass of the D25 will bloat and boom even more than it did in my much larger space. Most folks agree that the Harbeth Compact 7 works well in a smallish space and was designed for this purpose. Again, I haven't heard the Dynaudio Special 25 however my extensive experience with the newest Counter 3 and 5 series suggests that the Harbeth will provide a more "flesh on the bone" sound to the leaner and more sterile Dynaudio's. Again, I'm guessing here so Dynaudio fans please don't get out your guns.

Again, given your music preferences and listening space I do not think you can make a better choice than the Compact 7's.

Hope this helps.
I would suggest giving the Harbeths a serious listen. I think they are superior to both the Dynaudios and the Proacs. I love the Proac 1SC's but feel the D25 is actually just okay. As far as the Dynaudios, I personally would pass. I auditioned them and left a little disappointed..

Good luck!

Chris
Curious: how do you compare the Proac 1sc and the Harbeth COmpact 7 es2 ?

Are they similar sounding ?

The 1sc is another speaker I can definitely consider.

thanks.