Totem "Hawk" vs Totem "Arro" speakers

Need some input about the difference between the Totem Hawk and the Totem Arro, especially in bass response and accuracy. Is it worth the price difference??.... I have a 12X12 living, and tend to play it loud but not blasting, and have a MusicaL Fidelity integrated amp X-150 which is 80RMS. Thanks, Jim
sunnyjim
Jim: I heard both hooked up to a MF integrated (what a great piece) about 9 days ago. The Hawks sounded better, much tighter bass, and slightly more 3D. However, I found out later that the Arro were not on beaks and the bass was not filled with sand. In a 12x12 I'd probably save the money by going with the Arro and buy more MF products. The only thing that would concern me is how high of a ceiling.

Enjoy
Both are excellent speakers. The decision is based on your sonic preference and budget.

The Hawks have a fuller midrange and more bass. However, they are somewhat less forgiving with placement and don't image quite as well as the littel Arro's.

The Arro's are somewhat leaner in the low and mid-frequencies, although they do have surpringly good bass presence for such a small speakers. And they can image like nobody's business, as well as being largely insensitive to placement.

If you desire a fuller sound, I'd go with the Hawks. On the other hand, if you have limited placement options or you value imaging over bass and fullness, then I'd save some money and go with the Arro's.

Good luck,

Michael
If you are mainly interested in bass, the Hawk is a definitely a better speakers. I have an 11 x 12 room and I am using the Hawks. They replaced Paradigm Studio 60v2s. The Hawks havd a more musical bass.

What Sufentil said is true. Note that he said that the Arros have good bass for a small speaker.

The Hawks have more bass overall and it certainly is a high quality bass.