totem arro or rainmaker or von schweikert vr1

I am a college student getting into my first real audiophile system, i have a budget of only about 1500 for amp and speaker, and that is sort of pushing it. I am considering a set of totem arros or rainmakers or possibly a set of von schweikert VR1. Each of which i can find for around 700 or so on audiogon. as far as amplification im leaning towards a musical fidelity x-150 or maybe saving some money and getting an NAD c320bee or c352 or Cambridge Audio 640A. IF anyone has experience with any of these combinations or if you have any suggestions considering my budget i would apreciate all feedback good bad and ugly
Thank you
robferg
the synergy Arros and tube is tough to match with a SS amp, the transparency combined with holographic image is unbelievable. I would buy a tube integrated - fully "new-to-used" depreciated and then see by myself. Check Radii's products from the Tuner Guy, not well known but DAMN GOOD FOR THE PRICE. Or, a Dynaco ST70 amp if you have variable output on your CDP or if you can find a cheap volume control or preamp (check Creek OBH, some older Rotel pre, older Quad).
Another great match with Arros is Monarchy Audio SM-70. You can start with one (25wpc Class A). I had one with my Arros and loved it, plenty of juice and power. If needed, you can buy a second one and go mono for less than $600 both but I seriously doubt you will need two. One SM-70 and a sub-$300 preamp will give you plenty of upgrade flexibility, tube-like sound and SS convenience.
Arro with an upgraded Mccormack DNA.5 could run around $1500 used and would be sweet. I currently have Arros with a stock DNA-1, Luminous Audio Axiom passive preamp ($150), and am pleased (For now...)
i have a question i have just found a set of model 1's for a really good price, they are from 1992 though but appear to be in great shape, can anyone tell me anything about any upgrades that totem may have done in this time or what to look out for in an older speaker like this. It would almost seem a no brainer to upgrade to the model 1 if there arent any issues with the older year, right?
This of great help to me, who just posted a Totem vs Von Schweikert comparison question, only looking at VR2. Even though I have gleaned a lot here, please don't ignore my post!!!!. Thanks

PS. I am especially interested in Center for ARRO recommendations??????

Ed
shaqspack