tonearm questions

Have there been changes to the SME V over the years; that is, are the newer ones different in any way?

I can't find much discussion about the the Rega RB-1000. Anybody have any thoughts?

Lastly, other than being upgraded, is there any difference sonically between an upgraded Graham 1.5 and a full out 2.2?

These are the options I am looking at for a suspension table.

Thanks
quadtriumph
Yes, the difference between Graham 1.5 and a full 2.2 is HUGE but it will depend on the quality of your Phono Stage.
Sorry, there are a bunch of unrelated questions here. I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on a new tonearm for an Oracle tt, which is a suspension tt. I have heard both a Graham 2.2 and a SME V,( but not back to back), on the same rig, and both times I was impressed. What I am trying to figure out, is what is a good match for a suspension tt. From what I understand, traditionally, it has been the SME style.

As I am probably buying second hand, I was trying to figure out a few things:

1. Whether there is any difference between an upgraded 1.5 (to a 2.2) or one that was bought as a 2.2).

2. The SME V has been around for approx. twenty years, and I was wondering if there have been subtle changes over the time. Is a 1985 SME V the same as a 2006 SME V?

3. Lastly, there does not seem to be much discussion about the Rega RB 1000. Is this arm just not in the same category?

Thanks
Dear Quadtriumph: The only change over the years on the V was the internal wire. The V is the " natural " couple for your Oracle.

The RB1000 is a very good tonearm but the V is more versatile.

Which your cartridge?

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Raul is correct about the internal wire being better on the new SME V. HOWEVER, if you buy an older one, and send it back to the factory for service (which you should do anyway) SME can install an even BETTER van den Hul wire than what they put in their current production arms.

That's what I did with my 16 y.o. arm.

I don't like suspended tables, mostly because I think they're a pain in the ass to use, but a unipivot on a suspended table -- I don't think so ;--)