Tinnitus - do you have ringing in the ears?

I just read that an Audiogon member is selling a pair of speakers because of Tinnitus - ringing in the ears.

I have Tinnitus in both ears, one worse than the other, but I have learned to live with it.

Do you suffer from Tinnitus? Do you know of a treatment that has had successful results?

Thanks
joeldoss
Joel,
I hope my comments didn't offend anyone. Yes,I was trying to add humor to an otherwise inconvenient malady.
Pbb perhaps you are willing to live with these things or you are just stupid. You know nothing about what you are saying. There are often physiological explanations for this problem which have been repeatedly alleviated by Chiropractic treatment.

Or maybe you are smarter than me and know better than I what has taken place in my own body! Amazing how you can argue against ones own experiences. It is hard to beleive that someone who spouts stupidity everytime they put their fingers to the keyboard could really best smart enough to make that evaluation. Why don't you try the plecebo effect of pretending you are human long enough to care and to try to help someone rather than stroking your own ego.
I got tinnitis from taking celebrex. I had taken other anti-inflammatories before with no problems. The package insert lists tinnitis and deafness! as possible side effects. I find gingo bilboa is helpful for this condition (increases blood flow). Certain spicy foods & alcohol can aggravate this condition. Keep your weight & cholesterol under control & exercise regularly to keep the blood flowing in the ateries that supply the ears. Studies have shown hearing loss to be greater in couch potatoes.
I have had tinnitus for about the last 6 years. It just started one morning (at least that is when I noticed it) and has never gone away. It is worst in the morning, but most of the time I don't even notice it. I have tried MDs, DCs, herbal treatments, diet changes, exercise, no caffeine and other remedies without any success. Fortunately, when I listen to music, I don't hear it. If anybody comes up with anything that has actually worked for them, I would love to hear about it as I am willing to try just about anything.
Nrchy, Pbb didn't say that the placebo effect didn't work, only that that is what works with some people. Chiropractors can't cure hearing problems caused by physiological problems. As to whether chiros can cure other problems, well that is open to debate.
This smacks of the same old arguement used in audiophile circles of "if I hear a difference then it must exist and how dare you say that there isn't a difference".
The placebo effect is a very powerful thing