Thinking of upgrading speakers from ProAc 3.8 I have enjoyed in my system for 23 years.

I am likely to buy slightly used. I have read the newer ProAcs have tighter base and are easier to place in your room due to down facing port. Are the ribbon tweeters that much better? I am concerned about durability of the ribbons, as there have been a few threads by people who have had ribbon failure. I would consider D48R or K6 if I can find a nice used pair. Do the newer ProAcs lose any of the magic of the older models? Another speaker that interests me is the Sonus Faber SarafinoG2. 

System is Accuphase E406, Nottingham Spacedeck, Allnic H5500

jsbail

if you like the British sound you should also look at the monitor audio platinum, G2 will be a good price because they're discontinued now and G3 are better but not by that much.

The PS Audio speakers are getting excellent reviews and I believe they have a 30 day in home trial period.  They use a high-quality ribbon type tweeter as well.  They also recently had a sale on them that may/may not still be going on.

I like my D40R a lot. The bass can overwhelm in a 18x18 room but it’s easy to tune it by sealing off part of the down firing port. The ribbon tweeters sound gorgeous and are better integrated than those in my previous Piega C40. These are very musically engaging speakers.