Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

tomthiel

Thank You for posting your experiences, thoughts and impressions on the CS 3.7 Loudspeaker. I concur, in that, models CS 2.4, 2.4SE, 2.7 and 3.7 do not require toe-in positioning. Older Thiel speakers may benefit from toe-in positioning.

Sound advice, as always.

Happy Listening!

2nd Note;

In my Thiel trials, I did find that models CS 1.6 and 1.7 speakers benefits from slight toe-in. I hope this helps current and future fans and owners on The Panel.

Happy Listening!

JA - I posit that all Thiel models have benefited from toe-in for a high majority of users, including myself. But, it's a mixed bag of trade-offs and that toe in contributes toward the felt need to reduce high frequency energy. I'm unraveling the puzzle.

I'll note behind the curtain that Jim was smoking before he was a teenager and his high frequency hearing was compromised. Whereas his analytical ear was highly developed in sorting out the sonic integration puzzle in the lower ranges, he was comparatively insensitive to such nuances at the upper end of the sonic spectrum.

tomthiel

Yes, toe-in for the CS 3.7 speaker will certainly decrease high-frequency energy.

Keep up the excellent sleuth work!

Happy Listening!

@jafant  i am confused.  in a post above  you said that 3.7's do not require toe in but the above post says that toe in decreases HF energy.  that does not compute.