Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Ok guys my Vitus SIA-025 Mk2 was outperformed by a Jadis DA88S with KT120 tubes in a direct shootout in my system a week  ago.

Thiels seem to like Jadis sound better and it is cheaper than Vitus great findings.

thieliste,

Interesting preference between Jadis and Vitus.. I take it you listen at lower levels?

I’ve favored Thiel’s with tubes somewhere in the chain. Pre amp or Tube DAC has been my preference, as I like the muscle of high current SS amps in the mix.

Great speakers you have.

A pair of PCSes is available in Florida for anyone interested. I am very pleased with mine using a subwoofer. I cannot vouch for this particular seller, though.

Question: Did the PCS originally come in a black finish/veneer?

danomar - the PCS was built in the Lexington plant where any and all finishes were available including a variety of stock plus a couple levels of custom, including customer paint or other treatments. Black Ash (real veneer) was a stock finish. Gloss (piano) black was also available. And others to numerous to itemize.