Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

JA - I can't say that I know SW's current catalog. I have mid-level SW and consider it a strong performer for its cost. Their offerings top to bottom make sense to me, but I haven't heard their newer or pricier models. Most of my exposure to the breadth of what's out there comes from you guys here.

tomthiel

Thank You for the follow up. I hope that you are well and ready for Summer.

Happy Listening!

2nd Note;

Agreed. Model CS 2.7 was a nice way to honor Jim. I wonder how many pair(s) were manufactured?

Happy Listening!

Rob says 1500 pair.

The first brigade of New Thiel had some good talent. And the new owners were trying out building on Jim's legacy. In particular Steve DeFuria had been an early Thiel retailer and long-time inner circle supporter. Steve became the first national sales manager and was able to re-populate the dealer base by decommissioning Crutchfield and other sincere promises. Those 1500 pairs were made entirely at Thiel Lexington with PtoP boards and best historic practices. They even got the (new at that time) Klippel Quality Control system, but I don't think they learned its ropes before changing horses with the next management team. Five new teams in five years to try to please a very difficult principal owner. $ten million spent to scuttle Jim's legacy.